08 September 2008

One Step At a Time

Greetings!

Well, I started following my new walking schedule last week, I'm walking 10 minutes a day four days a week. I know 10 minutes isn't very long but I'm trying to get myself into the habit of walking. I'm more focused on walking four days a week, getting my time up will be the easy part.

I started on Thursday with a 10 minute walk around the neighborhood. On Saturday I walked around the Art and Wine Festival in downtown Mountain View before the festival official opened. The weather was warm and getting hot. My 10 minute walk turned into an hour walk instead. I told you getting my time up would be easy. Late in the afternoon Al and I walked about Rancho San Antonio. I think it was the first time we had been there this year. We have a good walk and saw rabbits, California quail, Stellar's Jays, a small cow, and deer. The downside was the flying insects that swarmed us. For some reason I wasn't bitten but Al ended up a walking buffet. On Sunday I took a leisurely walk around the festival with my friend Mari and her kids. It was cooler and a pleasant way to stretch my legs.

Mari is training as a participant with Team in Training for the Seattle Marathon / Half Marathon in November. If you are interested in donating here's the link to her page, Mari's TNT Fundraising Page. Team In Training is a great organization and you get to train for all sorts of cool events while raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Please get, every cent counts when you're trying to cure blood cancers.

Mari and I are thinking about participating in the Trailblazer Race Trailblazer Race 2008 I think it would be a nice goal for me. 10K is a bit over 6 miles, a great way for me to get back into training to walk longer distances. I have three weeks to prepare for a 6 mile event. No worries, eek!

Time to sign off.

Gail the Grasshopper

No comments: