21 September 2008

Getting Ready for the Trailblazer Race

Good morning,

Well, I signed up for the Friends of Stevens Creek Trail 2008 Trailblazer Race. I'm going to do the 10K run but I'll be walking it. It finally dawned on me last week that if I wanted to get through the race with minimum pain that I better walk more. I've taken a 45 minute walk and an hour walk. I forgot how much I enjoy walking around. If I can just wake up early so I can walk while it's quieter outside it would be perfect.

The race is September 28th so I don't have much time to get prepared. My friend Al keeps telling me that I can do the walk so I shouldn't worry about it. I can walk six miles, that's not the problem. Walking six miles without ending up extremely sore and tired is another question entirely.

I'm off to have brunch with a friend. I hope you have a great day and I'll update the blog after the race.

Cheers!

No comments: